Brazilian 'Oco' Geode RingMineralogy
- Brazilian 'Oco' geode prong set ring, hand fabricated from brass
- Ring band coated for sensitive skin
- Due to the aberrant nature of minerals, each piece of gem/mineral is unique
- These pieces of chrysoprase contain different shades of green (dark and light) brown, and white
- Ring sizes run the slightest bit large
- Made by hand in Theresa Cowan's Chicago studio
More about the stones:
Geodes are geological secondary sedimentary structures which occur in certain volcanic rocks.
“Oco’s” are tiny agate nodules with a geode center. The formation in which the geodes are found is 50 million years old and located in Brazil. Farmers have gathered the Oco’s for many years. After the crops have been harvested and the farmers are unable to work, the fields are tilled under allowing the Oco’s to appear. They are then gathered and sold for cutting into the geode half.